Question

Custom Field

Currently in one of our analytic reports we have every Call For Service that was created in the last completed month, and the number of each. We’re looking to also add a column for “Self Initiated” to determine how many of those total were self initiated by the officer in the field vs created by dispatch. Unfortunately CFS created via the Right Click menu in CAD are classified as “Self Initiated” so that doesn’t work.

Is there a custom field/measure we can use to count the same total number of CFS per CFS type excluding those in dispatch by dispatcher name or unique ID number? We can’t use the dispatch role as we have officers who work in there as well part time and don’t want to exclude them.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Try looking at Agency Events | Call Origin. These are configured in the front-end in Admin Settings | Attributes | Event Origin

Each attribute in Event Origin will have a Parent Attribute Type.

One of the Parent Attribute Types is SELF_INITIATED.

Creating a filter for Event Origin in the CAD Data Explorer that includes all of the values that have a Parent Attribute Type of SELF_INITIATED may be what you’re looking for. 

If that works for you, I would like to look at having this more easily available and intuitive in the CAD Data Explorer.

Try looking at Agency Events | Call Origin. These are configured in the front-end in Admin Settings | Attributes | Event Origin

Each attribute in Event Origin will have a Parent Attribute Type.

One of the Parent Attribute Types is SELF_INITIATED.

Creating a filter for Event Origin in the CAD Data Explorer that includes all of the values that have a Parent Attribute Type of SELF_INITIATED may be what you’re looking for. 

If that works for you, I would like to look at having this more easily available and intuitive in the CAD Data Explorer.

Hi David,

The issue with this is if a dispatch right clicks a unit and hits “Initiate->CFS” those are classified as “SELF_INITIATE” as that menu is the same menu for officers on First Responder and puts the “Self Initiated” Event Origin instead of the “Telephone/Radio” origin when creating a CFS manually from the GUI.

I am looking for a way to distinguish dispatchers creating a call from that menu vs First Responder. My thought was a custom field/measure that finds all CFS that are not “Created By” and list our dispatchers, but when I attempted to do it that way it just showed a 1 or 0 in the column for each call type.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Since you mentioned a “custom field/measure” I assume you are looking for a solution within the Analytics module. Try looking at Agency Events | Call Taker | Full Name and Agency Events | Agency Event Users | Full Name. Then include two filters, one for Was Every Primary = 1 and a Custom Filter of:

${_vw_event_created_by_user_profiles.full_name}
!=
${vw_agency_event_users.full_name}

The above filter will show only calls where the call taker/creator is different from the officer. Here is an example:

As another option, here is a sample SQL query that I think pulls together the data you’re looking for:

SELECT TOP 100
    vw_agency_events.agency_event_number  AS cad_event_number,
    vw_agency_events.call_for_service_type  AS call_for_service_type,
    vw_agency_event_dispositions.disposition  AS disposition,
    vw_agency_events.is_self_initiated AS self_initiated,
    CONCAT(up.first_name, ' ', up.last_name) AS creator,
    vw_agency_event_users.full_name  AS officer
FROM analytics_cad.vw_agency_events  AS vw_agency_events
LEFT JOIN analytics_cad.vw_agency_event_users  AS vw_agency_event_users ON vw_agency_events.agency_event_id = vw_agency_event_users.agency_event_id
LEFT JOIN analytics_cad.vw_agency_event_dispositions  AS vw_agency_event_dispositions ON vw_agency_events.agency_event_id = vw_agency_event_dispositions.agency_event_id
LEFT JOIN rms.user_profiles up ON vw_agency_events.event_created_by = up.user_id
WHERE is_self_initiated = 1 AND CONCAT(up.first_name, ' ', up.last_name) != vw_agency_event_users.full_name
ORDER BY cad_event_number DESC